- Do you have a strong strategic outlook?
- Are you seeking a strategic leadership role?
- Exciting opportunity to provide high level input to the strategic directions of the Theme
The Chief of CSIRO Ecosystem Sciences is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and motivated individual to fill the Research Program Leader position in the Division’s Social & Economic Sciences Program. The Social & Economic Sciences Program (SES) provides the capability home for social science and economics in CES.
In broad terms, the Program Leader, reporting to a Deputy Chief and working collaboratively with Theme Leaders, is responsible for setting a strategic vision for the capability area and optimising the value of the capability through planning, developing, maintaining and assigning the research capability (including research staff and research facilities) needed for delivery into output Themes.
This is a full-time role; applications for job-sharing arrangements between two suitably qualified individuals will be seriously considered.
Location: Preferably Brisbane or Canberra
Salary: An attractive salary package is negotiable
Tenure: 3 year specified Term
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD, or equivalent experience, in the social or economic sciences or a related discipline, plus relevant research leadership experience.
- A successful track record in leading large, complex and multi-disciplinary capabilities.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in catalysing science thinking by forming/supporting science networks, and sponsoring exploratory and capability development projects.
- Experience in actively managing workforce planning by anticipating required capability needs in a 2-5 year framework.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building high functioning teams.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is one of the largest and most diverse scientific organisations in the world. By igniting the creative spirit of our people, we deliver great science and innovative solutions that benefit industry, society and the environment.
Applications Close: 24 October 2013