Salary range $40-50K plus super
We’re looking for a web-savvy early career journalist with a keen interest in science and technology and the ability to generate compelling story ideas and commission articles from academics and researchers. Reporting to the Section Editor, Science + Technology, the role requires creative thinking and top-shelf subbing skills. The ideal applicant will be a news junkie who is well informed about the latest research and on top of the news agenda. She or he will also be a clever and creative self-starter who has a flair for online production, headline-writing and copy-editing.
We'd love you to have:
- Experience in print and/or online media
- A passion for science and technology
- Developed sub-editing skills
- A flair for headline writing
- Social media skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity, the ability to think laterally to generate innovative story ideas
- An understanding of, and commitment to, The Conversation's aim of contributing to the quality of public debate
Our team is passionate and focused on making The Conversation a leading media site. Our workplace, just outside Melbourne’s CBD is highly professional and deadline-driven, as well as fun and friendly.